We care about keeping our riding areas open. This means we have a responsibility to take care of our public land and the trails we ride on.
We prescribe to the Blue Ribbon Coalition code of ethics:
- I will respect the rights of all recreationists to enjoy the beauty of the outdoors. I will respect public and private property.
- I will park considerately, taking no more space than needed, without blocking other vehicles, and without impeding access to trails.
- I will keep to the right when meeting another recreationist. I will yield the right-
of- way to traffic moving uphill.
- I will slow down and use caution when approaching or overtaking another recreationist.
- I will respect designated areas, trail-
use signs and established trails.
- When stopping, I will not block the trail.
- I will not disturb wildlife. I will avoid areas posted for the protection of feeding wildlife.
- I will pack out everything I pack in, and will not litter.
- I realize that my destination objective and travel speed should be determined by my equipment, ability, the terrain, weather, and the traffic on the trail. In case of an emergency, I will volunteer assistance.
- I will not interfere with or harass others. I recognize that people judge all trail users by my actions.
- As a motorized trail user, I will pull off the trail and stop my engine when encountering horse back riders (it is also a good idea to take off your helmet and greet the riders).
I will respect private property and other users by:
- Closing all Gates
- Never cutting fences
- Never harassing livestock
- Never damaging anyone's property.